God’s Plan For Terry Gobanga
S ometimes God allow trials and tribulations into our lives to make us stronger & so that He can work His miracles in our lives. I happen to read this news article on BBC about this Kenyan Pastor Terry Gobanga (then Terry Apudo) being gang-raped on her wedding day & my heart went out to her immediately.
Terry Gobanga’s Story & Interview – Gang-Raped On Wedding Day, Raptured Womb & Widowed
You may read about her story on BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-39795047) or watch her interview below.
God’s Mercy & Grace
When faced with trials & tribulations, we would sometimes blame God. And when we see bad things happening to righteous people, we tend to question the presence of God.
“Where is God in the midst of our suffering?”
“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
~ Pslams 23:4
God is ALWAYS with us. Wherever we are and no matter how unworthy we are feeling.
Even in the book of Exodus in the Holy Bible, God wasn’t on his glorious throne when the Israelites were suffering from slavery in Egypt. He was with His people & saw their sufferings when He first manifested to Moses in a burning bush. The burning bush symbolised God’s intent was not to consume / destroy His people, but to be their saviour & lead them out of slavery into the Promised Land.
So where was God during Terry’s affliction?
- God allowed Terry to live after she was stabbed by her rapists & left to die in the streets
- God moved the hospital matron to check with the churches on the missing bride & they alerted her family on their first try
- Terry was preserved during the gang-rape as she did not contract HIV & AIDs
- Terry met Vip Ogolla, a fellow rape survivor who gave her a free wedding of her dreams
- God preserved her life for the second time from carbon monoxide poisoning
- Though Terry lost her first husband within 1 month after her wedding, God gave her another husband who loved & accepted her for who she is
- God gave Terry 2 beautiful daughters though she lost her ability to conceive after having her womb raptured from the gang-rape ordeal – that alone is a miracle
God’s Perfect Plan
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
~ 2 Corinthians 12:9
If you look at the chain of events which happened to Terry’s life. It was a process to mould Terry into who she is today – an inspirational figure to give hope to those devoid of it. It was only through this painful process that she grew spiritually & was able to inspire others by sharing her ordeal through her book “Crawling out of Darkness”.
It was through Terry’s ordeal that God could manifest His powers through her by building her up to who she is now when she felt worthless & cursed.
God’s Plan For Our Lives
Like Terry, we might be facing our own trials & tribulations now thinking that all is lost.
We might have lost our hope & might even be questioning God about all our afflictions.
I believe if we can endure through all these trials & tribulations without murmuring agains’t God, we will be blessed.
Type “Amen” in the comment box below if you trust that God has great plans for your life!
To A Victorious You